Friday, December 19, 2014

A Pummeling In Mile High

This weeks game was far from fun to watch. The Niners got torn part by the Peyton Manning led Broncos, With the legend only needing another three touchdowns to tower over all in the most touchdowns every thrown in a career. Because of this, you could tell the team had an extra chip on their shoulder to get the win for Manning. The crowd was going insane the whole game, and I even knew that it was going to be a very tough victory to pull out. Plus, the Niners looked like the only thing they would be doing, is using their energy to crawl off their asses after getting piled rived by the AFC's best team. Surely, that is all they did on Sunday night, and a lot of it.

Because I live in Park City, there are a lot of people in the town that live for the Broncos, including many of my friends from school. At first, I believed that the niners had a chance to go into Denver and knock off a great team, until I found out that Patrick Willis was out for the game. The team announced that he would be inactive due to a to toe injury that had been nagging at him for a few weeks. He is arguably the Niners best defensive player, leader, and teammate. So in other words this was a huge loss for the team. The game started rough, with the Broncos scoring two straight times and the Niners looking as flat as tap water. The 49ers scored a field goal at the beginning of the second quarter, then went into halftime losing 21-10. The second half was worse than the first. The inner gave up three third quarter touchdowns and pretty much took themselves out of the game with their crappy offense. The end score was 42-17, with Payton Manning throwing for 4 touchdowns, surpassing Brett Favre as the all-time leader in career touchdown passes thrown. 

Thanks to http://www.milehighreport.com for the picture

My reaction to the game was not pleasant. My whole family will usually always sit through the whole game, but this week was not the same. My dad and I both knew from the beginning of the game that it was not going to be pretty. He decided to go to bed during the third quarter, so he could sleep on his utter depression. As for me, I sat through the miserable game, even though I was wanting to punch through a brick wall at the same time. But, I knew the worst part had not come yet. I was going to have to deal with nearly all of my friends giving me crap for the "half-ass Niners" and praise the unbelievable Denver Broncos. But, thats what friends do. Luckily, we Niner fans are looking forward to the upcoming Thanksgiving game against our worst enemy, The Seattle Seahawks. Its going to be a hard-nosed, tough football game that I am definitely looking forward to. So until next time, Go Niners!
Lets get PUMPED!-Picture from http://www.ecloudtimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment